Nelly Thomas is a native-speaker with over 15 years of medical writing experience. She received her multidisciplinary certificate in medical writing from the European Medical Writing Association and is an active member of EMWA.
Her clients include hospitals, physicians, patients and pharmaceutical companies. As an experienced writer and translator, Nelly focus is on medical communication and regulatory writing along with medical translation from French and German to English and Medical English training.
Besides her certificate from interpreters school (Würzburger Dolmetscher-schule), Nelly holds a cum laude Master‘s Degree from City University at Bellevue. Before setting up business in 2003, she gained valuable experience in international business including the pharmaceutical area. Nelly continues to attend further education events in the areas of medical writing, translation, adult education, interpreting and platform-independent TM tools.
• Medical writing (regulatory and medical communication)
• Translation (medical and/or patient English)
• Medical English education
What types of documents can Nelly write and/or translate for you?
• Clinical documentation and regulatory writing
Clinical study reports in line with ICH E3
CRFs, ICFs, PILs
• Clinical legal documentation (contracts)
• SOPs and job aids
• Audit and inspection reports
• Regulatory writing
Letters to and from authorities
• Basics of epidemiology for medical communicators
• Information sources for medical writers
• Marketing materials
• PILs, brochures and leaflets for patients
Preparing manuscripts for publication from a clinical study report
Subject areas and indications covered:
• Cardiovascular disease
• Diabetic polyneuropathy
• Endoscopic vessel harvesting
• Health economics
• Health insurance
• Laboratory medicine
• Metabolic disease, e.g Madelung Syndrome
• Preventive medicine
• Traditional Chinese medicine